Orland Unified School District has implemented new policy regarding short-term absences from school for such things as family vacations, family emergencies, or trips out of the country (AR 5113 c). If you plan on taking your child out of school for anywhere from five to ten consecutive days, please contact your school office and obtain a Short-Term Independent Study Agreement and coursework for your student.
The following important details should be noted:
1. This policy applies only to absences of not less than five but not more than ten consecutive school days. Students planning an absence in excess of ten days are not eligible for Short-Term Independent Study Agreements. On the eleventh consecutive day your child misses school they will be dropped from our rolls.
2. The Orland Unified School District will provide all the work and materials needed for your student to be successful.
3. The parent must notify the school five days prior to leaving for a short term absence, except in case of emergency.
4. Failure to make the proper notification of pending absence to school officials, or failure to arrange for a short-term independent study agreement will result in all absences being unexcused.
5. Unexcused absences will be referred to the District Truant Officer.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school office (865-1235).